Monday 15 April 2013

Connect<>Lockleaze is delighted to welcome Kate Hunter on board...

Kate has joined Connect <> Lockleaze as our Courses Coordinator.

She will be developing and, more importantly, delivering a range of courses at the three Connect <> Lockleaze venues around Gainsborough Square: Cameron Centre, Langley Centre and Boing! 

More of that in later posts... for now, let's hear what Kate has to say about herself: 

"My name is Kate Hunter and I'm from Henbury in Bristol. I grew up and went to school there before moving to Winchester for university, where I studied for four years to become a Primary School teacher. 

I moved back to Bristol in 2004 to work in my first full time teaching post in Totterdown. Since then I have worked in various schools across Bristol as a supply teacher. 

I have also worked in the adult education sector since 2006, working as a tutor for Bristol Learning Communities Team, then later as a Learning Development Worker, organising and setting up courses in Hartcliffe and Withywood. 

I have been working for my church, Ebenezer Church in Horfield, as a youth worker for the last 18 months. 

In my spare time, I play netball for Ashton Aces Netball Club, in the Avon Netball League. I also love to travel when I can, and I've been to places such as Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Egypt, Israel, Canada and France. I'm an adventurous person and I love learning and discovering new things!"

WELCOME aboard Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment